Named Locations show different ad campaigns at different points in your game. You can fine-tune your campaigns' behavior from your dashboard and customize your game logic to match the right ad request with the right player at the right time.
Before creating custom Named Locations, make sure all your apps are setup in your Chartboost platform.
- Add or edit apps in your platform's Apps Management page.
To create Named Locations, navigate to Monetization > Apps and then +Create new ad location
- See our Ad Locations documentation for further details.
To use Named Locations to determine your campaigns' logic:
- Use your dashboard reporting tools to determine which ad campaigns perform best at which locations.
- Make adjustments to your campaigns from your Chartboost platform.
- Named locations don't have to correspond to actual locations in your game; they can also be defined by your game's logic. For example, if your player sets her gender as "female" in your game's profile, you can use named locations to serve up a publishing campaign that targets a female audience.
To create your own custom Named Locations with user-specified strings for more control over campaign behavior, use the following:
Interstitial ad3 = new Interstitial("CustomLocation", this, null);
val ad3 = Interstitial("CustomLocation", this, null)
- We recommend a maximum of 5-7 named locations per game.
- Names of locations cannot be longer than 20 characters.
- We recommend that you build the predefined locations into your game now to take advantage of future system improvements aimed at increasing eCPM.
- Delegate methods pass the location of the event.
- Named locations do not work with the Fyber SDK. All static & video interstitial requests coming from the Fyber SDK will use Named Location fyber_interstitial and all rewarded video requests will use Named Location fyber_rewarded_video.
- The AdMob adapter currently sets all named locations as Default if you do not set one in your AdMob console.
Updated 29 days ago